[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2119: wxgui: attribute table manager fails with "Inconsistent number of columns in the table"

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Fri Oct 25 03:19:33 PDT 2013

#2119: wxgui: attribute table manager fails with "Inconsistent number of columns
in the table"
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  mlennert       |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect         |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified    |
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 After having filled the attribute table of polygons resulting from
 segmentation with a whole series of variables, I get the following error
 when trying to display the attribute table:

 {{{
 "Error in v.db.s..."
 }}}

 and then

 {{{
 "Inconsistent number of columns in the table"
 }}}

 This comes from the test at line 249 in gui/wxpython/dbmgr/base.py. Adding
 some print statements I can see that while there are 159 columns, the gui
 only detects 97 fields in the actual record (second to last record of the
 table).

 Using v.db.select from the GUI or at the command line I can see all lines
 without any problems.

 Printing out the record on which the GUI fails, after it went through

 {{{
 record = record.split(fs)
 }}}

 I see the following at the 97th field:

 {{{
 '0.014715{_sep_'
 }}}

 and nothing after that.

 All the fields before that are correct.

 When I export the file to shp and the reimport it again, I get a similar
 error, but this time it happens on the last record, record length is 88,
 and the record in that line is normal, without the '{_sep_'.

 I'll attach the shapefile to the ticket.

 Any hints ?

 Moritz

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2119>