[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1463: Legend, Zoom to map, Map analysis and Map query does not work in Python wxgui using command line d.mon + d.rast

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Tue Sep 3 06:38:59 PDT 2013

#1463: Legend, Zoom to map, Map analysis and Map query does not work in Python
wxgui using command line d.mon + d.rast
  Reporter:  huhabla      |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |      Status:  closed
 Component:  wxGUI        |     Version:  svn-trunk
Resolution:  fixed        |    Keywords:  d.mon
  Platform:  Unspecified  |         Cpu:  Unspecified
Changes (by wenzeslaus):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 There were also refactoring which fixed a lot of issues like these. I
 cannot list particular changesets; there was a lot of them (in 2012 and
 2013).

 For GUI developers: The fix usually was replacing call of
 `self.tree.DoSomething` by `self.giface.DoSomethingSimilar` or by emitting
 `Signal` or wxevent. But the actual fixes may differ.

 For testers: There is a `test_mapdisp.py` script in `gui/wxpython/mapdisp`
 which tests whether a map display and a map window works without any layer
 manager and layer tree objects. It should be accessible using:
 {{{
 cd gui/wxpython/mapdisp
 python test_mapdisp.py
 }}}
 But currently I'm not able to run it this way since gparser (which is
 used) requires a module to by on-path (but it was working when I created
 this script a month ago).

 Still there may be some non-working things in `d.mon` but I remember that
 I've fixed several of the issues above (they probably re-appeared after
 r48828). Since it works for [comment:5 mlennert], I'm closing the ticket.

 If there is some other issue, I suggest to open a new ticket for it.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1463#comment:6>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>