[GRASS-dev] patch for v.nn.py

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sun Sep 15 13:42:42 PDT 2013

On 14/09/13 21:01, Michael Barton wrote:
> Moritz,
>
> This is a nice addition.

Actually, not that nice. I just reread one of the papers you give as
reference [1] and it clearly states that the equation that you use for
estimating the expected mean nearest neighbor distance "cannot be used
for irregularly shaped study areas"...

> Thanks, I'm really swamped right now. Do you want to add it to the script and add your name to the authors?

I'll see what else I can find in the literature about how to calculate
the expected mean distance to see if having the actual study area
measures is really useful. If yes, I'll add the patch myself.

BTW, shouldn't the scripts v.nn.py and v.lda.py go into the addons svn ?
If you agree then I can add them there, with or without my patch. I've
also locally modified v.lda.py a bit to allow easier (to me at least)
use of the results.

Moritz

[1] http://www.geog.ucsb.edu/~dongmei/ppa/ppa.html