[GRASS-dev] v.in.ogr: how to force sqlite instead of dbf for output location ? SEG-Y input (Geology/Seismic Data)

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 26 17:53:33 PDT 2013

Peter wrote:

> I'm evaluating the SEG-Y formate to exchange data between software packages
> from the exploration industry like Petrel and Gocad and GRASS. So far only demo
> data sets are used. I will inquire wether P1/90 is also available.

links:
  http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/AddOns/GRASS_6#v.in.p190

"For working with SEG-Y data, see also the v.in.mbsys_fnv addon."
  http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/AddOns/GRASS_6#v.in.mbsys_fnv

the workflow for v.in.mbsys_fnv is to use MB-System to create ancillary
support files from the SEG-Y trace headers (the navigation data ends
up in a .fnv file), then use the addon module to import those as
points or track lines.

Hamish