[GRASS-dev] manual pages: trac new modules/params/flags

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 2 15:16:56 PDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> it would make sense to add to the modules manual pages information in
> which version the module has been introduced. We can start with
> r.streams.* modules which were added recently to trunk/relbr70.

This would be very good. Perhaps it is not even too much effort
(something for train rides) to add it for most modules, using a
scripted approach of scanning the manual pages and ChangeLogs.

> It would be also nice to track newly added parameters or flags.
>
> There are several options, one of them is a new <h2> section, eg.
>
> <h2>Find a nice name for new section</h2>
>
> Module <em>r.mymodule</em> added in GRASS 7.0.
>
> <ul>
> </ul>
>
> What do you think?

... I dunno with that level of detail: I would use the energy to first
get the manual pages complete, i.e. adding examples where still
missing.

Markus