[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-PSC] too many branches => retirement GRASS6.5.svn (=develbranch6)

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 18:17:54 PDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 9:09 PM, Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>wrote:

> If there's no Python installed, the installer can install it. If
> Python is installed and the version is compatible, the installer can
> install any required packages. Otherwise, it can at least inform the
> user of the situation and enumerate the options.

This is a good point, the documentation must be in the installer, not a
separate file. For example Git installer for MS Windows list three options
how to install git and other command line tools with an explanation. The
problem is that only part of the users will read it and only part of them
will understand all the consequences (I mean, I was not sure when I saw
installing Git installation for the first time).