[GRASS-dev] Handling of Python scripts on MS Windows

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Thu Apr 10 14:34:04 PDT 2014

[...]
>> GRASS 6 creates a .bat file for each shell script.
>
>And this .bat file specifies the script interpreter. Looks like a good
>solution to also select the correct Python version.
[...]
>Other projects also bypass the standard execution mechanism of python
>scripts, and they work just fine in MS Windows.

although the architecture may differ, we may get some inspiration for python
windows handling from other GIS projects like QGIS?

in QGIS python is also in heavy use, e.g. QGIS processing framework, python
addons, integrated python shell, etc. AFAIK they're bundling python in their
standalone winQGIS ...

-----
best regards
Helmut