[GRASS-dev] Handling of Python scripts on MS Windows

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sat Apr 12 13:12:38 PDT 2014

Hi Jürgen,

> Hi Helmut,
[...]
> Not sure if I want to participate in this thread.

thanks for sharing your  experience anyway.

> I think a system installation of python is uncommon.

yes I'm also thinking so if windows comes in ...

[...]
>And
>thereby avoid having special treatment for .py scripts in GRASS itself (see
>http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5583024/temporary-file-association-for-single-cmd-exe-session)

thanks also for the link! that's all about we're discussing here.

Python Launcher and virtualenv are mentioned there ... maybe some worthy
approaches to satisfy a non-monolithic application in an
non-monolithic-application-agnostic operating system ;-)

-----
best regards
Helmut