[GRASS-dev] TOC in HTML manual pages

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 08:45:39 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm excited about the new TOC in HTML manual pages. There are some styling
issues (bullet for every second item), and looking to the HTML code, the
be enough.

http://grass.osgeo.org/grass71/manuals/r.mapcalc.html

Anyway, I've tried different approach and here is my prototype:

https://googledrive.com/host/0B_7Sygt2HTPDamFPOEZpU0h1ZG8/r.mapcalc.html

The TOC is generated by JavaScript, so it is available only when JS is
available (and thus probably also CSS is available). The header contains
empty div into which TOC is generated.

The other difference is the CSS, we can compare what is better. The not so
wide page content as it is currently in trunk actually quite good. However,
CSS and HTML is not (yet) optimized for wxHtmlWindow.

You have to hover over TOC to make the TOC itself visible.

There is also a warning box with a link to a another versions of
documentation (e.g. from trunk to release). And also title of the page. But
this is unrelated to TOC.

Vaclav