[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-SVN] r59812 - in grass/branches/releasebranch_7_0: man tools

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Apr 19 14:34:04 PDT 2014

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 11:26 PM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:
> All right then. I was not asking because of my JS proposal, but mainly
> because it is an exception to no-new-features policy.

I am not aware that we are in feature freeze mode.
We have a beta1 which some people even did not want to see and call it
"tech preview" (whatever that is). Due to the release history the word
"beta" was chosen as it existed since 4.2.1betaX (that was back in
1998 or so).
Some others even don't want the "releasebranch_7_0" at all...

Rather than freezing development altogether, especially keeping the
goodies away from the "normal" user I prefer to keep the ball rolling
and go on. We should really not discuss every minor backport, at least
I have no time for that.

> Anyway, I'm glad you work on manual now.

Yes, the scope is to de-ugly-fy it a bit. Much more could be done,
especially adding examples (hey power-users, please donate some, even
here in the list!).

Markus