[GRASS-dev] TOC in HTML manual pages

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Apr 19 18:51:46 PDT 2014

Vaclav Petras wrote:

> I'm excited about the new TOC in HTML manual pages. There are some styling
> issues (bullet for every second item), and looking to the HTML code, the
> be enough.

A more significant issue is that it overlooks the fact that the HTML
files are the source files for the Unix (nroff) manual pages, where a
ToC is just pointless junk.

Fixed in r59825.

> http://grass.osgeo.org/grass71/manuals/r.mapcalc.html
>
> Anyway, I've tried different approach and here is my prototype:

Please don't end up breaking the Unix manual pages (again) in the
process.

Whatever you do, ensure that the generated HTML is actually conformant
(to HTML 4 transitional); g.html2man isn't fault-tolerant.