[GRASS-dev] [Qgis-developer] GRASS & QGIS: the future

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 07:03:59 PDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 2:19 PM, Sören Gebbert
<soerengebbert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Radim,
> IMHO we GRASS developers are  too stubborn to change the design of
> GRASS GIS to work as library with persistent applications. This would
> require rewriting plenty of core functionality and modification of all
> C-modules. But there is a solution for persistent applications, called
> Remote Procedure Call (RPC), more below.

It sounds interesting but it seems to be a huge work an far future. I
am also concerned about complexity, e.g. starting / keeping running
servers on various platforms. I can imagine endless bug reports about
"server not running". I am looking for something which will not
require permanent assistance. It is not KISS enough for me.

Radim