[GRASS-dev] Handling of Python scripts on MS Windows

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 04:31:50 PDT 2014

> At least I'm not saying "you ARE going to use our version of Python,
> whether you like it or not".

please ask the Windows users, 99.9% they don't care or they will not
understand your question. The question is completely pointless. The
most of users care about simple installation and working software,
nothing else. Thanks completely OK.

If you are not able to change your opinion you are probably the only
one who can implement your ideas in winGRASS installer (including all
Python dependencies which we use [1,2]). Otherwise it's just
never-ending so-called discussion with *no* result. If you going to
revert a commit you should simply introduce a better solution.
Otherwise it's just blocking us (the community).

Martin

[1] http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/release/grass/grass70/setup.hint
[2] http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/release/grass/msys-grass/setup.hint

--