[GRASS-dev] metadata naming and location

Newcomb, Doug doug_newcomb at fws.gov
Wed Aug 13 07:07:31 PDT 2014

Matej,
Thank you for all of the hard work on this project!  I would suggest going
with r_ and v_ for simplicity.

Doug

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 9:28 AM, Matej Krejci <matejkrejci at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to introduce possibility/decision of naming and choice of
> location for .xml metadata files.
> With Margherita and Martin we agreed:
>
> To create new folder 'metadata' in grass location:
> path/to/location/metadata
>
> naming:
> for raster map:
> cell_ + nameofmap +.xml
> e.g cell_basin.xml
>
> for vector map:
> vector_ + nameofmap+ .xml
> vector_route.xml
>
> also prefix can be r_ and v_. What you think?
>
> We decide to leave postfix in accordance with type of profile (basic,
> inspire) and hold just one metadata file.
>
> Does that make sense?
>
> Thank you
> Matej

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov
The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of the
Interior.   Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.