[GRASS-dev] Popen and r.mapcalc, pygrass' implications

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 10:02:25 PDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 7:08 AM, Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>
wrote:

> > In [5]: sub.Popen(cmd_shell, shell=True)
>
> Passing a string instead of a list is rarely a good idea. Apart from
> anything else, you have to construct the string differently depending
> upon whether you're using Unix or Windows (/bin/sh and cmd.exe have
> significant differences in their command syntax).

Note that after r61587 a lot of tests failed, in fact the failure was so
serious that testing framework ended with error when dividing by zero
(which was number of executed tests), this should be fixed now, so you can
see the errors online. See also the the documentation how to invoke tests
for the whole source code, it is:

python -m grass.gunittest.main --location nc_spm_grass7 --location-type nc

If this does not work for you, let me know, or better, create a ticket.

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/61587

http://fatra.cnr.ncsu.edu/grassgistests/summary_report/nc/index.html
http://fatra.cnr.ncsu.edu/grassgistests/reports_for_date-2014-08-14-15-34/report_for_nc_spm_08_grass7_nc/testfiles.html
http://fatra.cnr.ncsu.edu/grassgistests/reports_for_date-2014-08-14-15-34/report_for_nc_spm_08_grass7_nc/lib/python/temporal/test_register_function/index.html