[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2392: winGRASS GIS 6.4.5 svn r.li modules - issues with hard coded path to conf files

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sun Aug 17 23:30:28 PDT 2014

#2392: winGRASS GIS 6.4.5 svn r.li modules - issues with hard coded path to conf
files
 Reporter:  hellik          |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  x86-32          |

Comment(by neteler):

 It appears that the issue only comes up when using the GUI. So:

 Replying to [ticket:2392 hellik]:
 > C:\Users\normal\AppData\Roaming\GRASS6\movwindow7
 >
 > some test:
 >
 > r.li.mps --verbose map=myforest at user1
 > conf=C:\Users\normal\AppData\Roaming\GRASS6\movwindow7
 > output=myforest_mean_patch_size
 > ERROR: Cannot find configuration file

 <C:\Users\normal\.r.li\history\C:\Users\normal\AppData\Roaming\GRASS6\movwindow7>

 I think that the issue in GRASS 6 is that we use the macro
 G_define_standard_option(G_OPT_F_INPUT) which contains this button
 generating line
 Opt->gisprompt = "old_file,file,input";

 For GRASS 6, we may need to replace the macro with the full definition in
 each
 r.li module and omit the gisprompt line to not have the GUI button.
 Obviously it
 becomes more difficult to find the names of the conf file.

 Ideally the conf file button would open the ....\.r.li\history\ directory
 but that's
 AFAIK not possible. Other ideas?

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2392#comment:9>