[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2396: proposal to rename v.in.ascii/v.out.ascii to v.in.text/v.out.text (or similar)

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Tue Aug 19 07:30:39 PDT 2014

#2396: proposal to rename v.in.ascii/v.out.ascii to v.in.text/v.out.text (or
similar)
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  mlennert           |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  enhancement        |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified        |
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Changes (by wenzeslaus):

  * keywords:  ascii => ascii, API change
  * priority:  normal => blocker

Comment:

 I think you made a good point.

 I'm not sure what is our policy about this but since it is an API change,
 this is in fact a blocker unless we provide the other names as
 alternatives. (We can of course resolve blocker as won't fix or move
 milestone to futuristic 8.0.0.)

 Note that there are also raster modules with "ascii" in their names. And
 also the format is called "GRASS ASCII vector format".

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2396#comment:1>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>