[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2395: Startup runs as in Cygwin when CYGWIN is set although running as native application

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Wed Aug 20 11:11:46 PDT 2014

#2395: Startup runs as in Cygwin when CYGWIN is set although running as native
application
  Reporter:  wenzeslaus   |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |      Status:  closed
 Component:  Startup      |     Version:  svn-releasebranch70
Resolution:  fixed        |    Keywords:  cygwin, wingrass, environmetal variables
  Platform:  MSWindows 8  |         Cpu:  Unspecified

Comment(by wenzeslaus):

 Replying to [comment:2 sindile]:
 > I have replaced etc\grass70.py with the attached grass.py (have renamed
 it to grass70.py) as per this email http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail
 /grass-user/2014-August/070728.html

 > This is the error I get,
 >
 > firstly I get a libgrass_gis.7.0.0beta3.dll missing error and then the
 following

 Are you sure that you are not getting the error dialogs with missing
 MS...DLL files? I have just seen similar/same errors on some MS Windows 7
 computer.

 The [http://grass.osgeo.org/download/software/ms-windows/ GRASS download
 page for MS Windows] says:

 > Troubleshooting: If the program exits immediately after you start it or
 it complains about a missing MSVCR71.dll, MSCVP100.dll or similar on
 startup, you may need to install Microsoft's .NET Framework. See also
 WinGRASS errors (and their solution).

 But .NET Framework was not enough and we had to go to
 [http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/WinGRASS_errors linked wiki page] and use
 the last option "mimic what installer is doing".

 It is actually the second computer I see where was necessary to do the
 "mimic what installer is doing" steps. I don't have an idea what does this
 mean.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2395#comment:15>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>