[GRASS-dev] Tabs and spaces in C code

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Aug 22 00:58:11 PDT 2014

On 21/08/14 17:42, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Vaclav Petras wrote:
>
>> You need to have 8 spaces tabs for the files to look correct.
>
> So? Tabs *are* 8 columns. Just like pi = 3.14159..., c = 299792458 m/s,
> etc. This isn't a matter of preference.

I don't have any specific knowledge, and definitely no religion in this
debate, but according to [1] (and I have no idea how valid the author's
statements are), your point of view seems to be a bit *nix-centric. In
the idea of trying to get more developers for Windows, wouldn't it help
to find a "standard" that applies across all platforms ?

Moritz

[1] http://www.jwz.org/doc/tabs-vs-spaces.html