[GRASS-dev] strange NVIZ behavior

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Tue Dec 2 16:12:14 PST 2014

One of my students recently install GRASS 7.0 svn for Windows. Today we tried to display a raster DEM in NVIZ, overlaid by a couple contour lines with values for walking distance from a site (from r.walk). The lines displayed but are floating above the surface at about the level of their contour values (3600 and 7200), in spite of all my attempts to bring them down to earth.

Related to this are a couple other NVIZ issues I’ve seen

1) making a line width greater than 1 creates a line made up of many many ++++ symbols at the size of the line width
2) coloring a line only colors the first segment (cat=1) of a multisegment line.

I can do a ticket but perhaps these are already fixed in GRASS 7.1? I don’t use Windows regularly so I’m not up on what works and does not work.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671(SHESC), 480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www:  http://csdc.asu.edu, http://shesc.asu.edu
http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton