[GRASS-dev] Addons builds and manuals

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 03:17:40 PST 2014

Hi,

> Why can't you just present two different modules ? I know that they have
> common code, but is it such a problem to have redundancy in addons ?

yes, the main reason is the code redundancy [1].

> In any case, if these modules work well, I would plead for including them
> into the main distribution as the functionality is quite important in my
> eyes.

The modules were just rewritten from Bash to Python, they still call
`nnbathy` on background. So there is no way to include them to the
main distribution. Anyway Adam (cc'ed, author of new Python modules)
started to work on the native implementation of natural neighbor for
GRASS probably partly based on nn-c lib (MIT licence).

> If you really have to chose, I would probably agree with Vaclav and prefer
> v.surf.nnbathy.

I would agree. I will rename module right now. Martin

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/misc/m.surf.nnbathy/libnnbathy/nnbathy.py#L5

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa