[GRASS-dev] grass on launchpad

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 01:53:10 PST 2014

Hi all,

recently I entered GRASS team on Launchpad. Since I am completely new
to this system I have some questions. I found two "projects":

1) Stable [1]

It claims

"""
GRASS Packages for the development release branch.

This is currently Version 7.0
""""

but contains also packages for GRASS 6 (why???)

2) Development [2]

"""
GRASS Packages for the development release branch.

This is currently Version 7.1.X.
"""

(first sentence is same (???), but refers to trunk).

and contains some `grass-addons` (why???), some grass70 packages
(why???) and one grass71 package.

Is it just a mess or I am somehow wrong?

Thanks for clarification in advance! Martin

[1] https://launchpad.net/~grass/+archive/ubuntu/grass-stable
[2] https://launchpad.net/~grass/+archive/ubuntu/grass-devel

--
Martin Landa