[GRASS-dev] Is grass70b4 compiling on FreeBSD ?

Fábio Dias fabio.dias at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 16:31:15 PST 2014

Hi,

So, I started with a fresh checkout (from the URL you told me to switch to).

The full log is on http://pastebin.com/2n9vswif

The "important" part, afaik, is :
/usr/home/diasf/releasebranch_7_0/dist.x86_64-unknown-freebsd10.1/lib/libgrass_gis.7.0.0svn.so:
undefined reference to `libiconv'
/usr/home/diasf/releasebranch_7_0/dist.x86_64-unknown-freebsd10.1/lib/libgrass_gis.7.0.0svn.so:
undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
/usr/home/diasf/releasebranch_7_0/dist.x86_64-unknown-freebsd10.1/lib/libgrass_gis.7.0.0svn.so:
undefined reference to `libiconv_open'

So I've tried with --with-iconv on the configure, not that this option
exist... Then I manually changed a Makefile, on one of the directories
with error. Added -liconv to he LIBES var, then the make worked. My
guess would be that configure isn't passing along the -liconv properly
in this context...

Thanks again,

-=--=-=-
Fábio Augusto Salve Dias