[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 - Ubuntu package build problem on Launchpad

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Dec 30 09:35:07 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 5:17 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> so we need to
> implement a workaround in case of absence of "svnversion". In my
> compiled Fedora package I can extract it also from here:
>
> grep SVN dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/include/Make/Platform.make
> GRASS_VERSION_SVN   = 63869M

Mhh, this is of course useless since we run "configure" in order to
obtain "Platform.make".

I have now added a potential solution:
In r63878 (trunk) and r63879 (relbranch70) I have now hardcoded
"00000" rather than getting an empty string when "svnversion" is not
available.

If possible, could you try to update from relbranch70 to see if that
solves the issue?

It should now deliver in such cases

g.version -g
version=7.01.svn