[GRASS-dev] Is grass70b4 compiling on FreeBSD ?

Fábio Dias fabio.dias at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 20:29:01 PST 2014

Sorry for the delay, I got stuck recompiling all packages that used png :)

I looked at the output from configure (which I'll post fully tomorrow,
if needed), and no error was found regarding liconv. I was checking
the UPDATING file from ports, apparently, some functionality from
libiconv was moved to the standard libc. However, libiconv was later
reintroduced because some of the features were still missing from
libc. My guesstimate of the problem would be that, when testing for
libiconv functionality, without -liconv, configure gets the answer
from libc and doesn't include -liconv. When we try to compile, we use
stuff that isn't yet on libc and things go awry.

Changing the platform.make removed that error, but with the new
configure/configure.in (just changed in the svn), it doesn't work
anymore. I changed the makefile directly, on v.generalize (which is
the part that interests me the most), and it compiled successfully.
-=--=-=-
Fábio Augusto Salve Dias
http://sites.google.com/site/fabiodias/