[GRASS-dev] r.stream.* problems on Ubuntu when installed via g.extensions

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Feb 2 14:18:24 PST 2014

Hi Johannes,

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 1:25 PM, Johannes Radinger
<johannesradinger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I send this directly to the dev list as I think this is the appropriate list
> for this problem:
>
> Yesterday I already posted (GRASS-user list) that I get an error (using
> GRASS 7svn) when I tried to launch r.stream.basins which has been installed
> via g.extension (Unable to fetch interface
> description....GRASS_INFO_ERROR(17663,1):Incompatible library version for
> module...).

I forgot to mention that (in Unix/Linux) you can use "ldd" to find the
libraries in use:

# In the GRASS session:
GRASS 7.0.svn> which r.stream.basins

# note the backticks
GRASS 7.0.svn> ldd `which r.stream.basins` | grep grass

Now you can check the dates of those and that of the binary of r.stream.basins.

Additionally: check if more than one binary is around:

sudo updatedb
locate r.stream.basins

Markus