[GRASS-dev] r.viewshed fails on large raster: temp file already exists

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Feb 5 07:49:58 PST 2014

Markus Neteler wrote:

> I have attached a patch for this, just to know if I got it right.
> IMHO the change needs to be submitted to get it into the overnight
> winGRASS binaries.

It looks basically okay.

However:

	+LIBES = $(GISLIB)
	+DEPENDENCIES = $(GISDEP)

This needs to go into include/Make/Grass.make as:

	IOSTREAMDEPS         = $(GISLIB)

At present, the iostream library is always built as a static library
(probably due to C++ issues).

Also, iostream is already using libgis for G_fseek().

But I still need to fix the basic design. At a minimum, it needs to
only consider Xs in the last component of the path. Also, there's no
point in making 26^5 (~12 million) attempts. It would probably be
better to use 2 or 3 Xs for a unique identifier (26^2 = 676, 26^3 =
17576) and have the rest based upon the PID.