[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2183: v.centerpoint: category values in ascii output should include original cat values

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Thu Feb 6 07:22:18 PST 2014

#2183: v.centerpoint: category values in ascii output should include original cat
values
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  mlennert                    |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  enhancement                 |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified                 |
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------

Comment(by mlennert):

 Replying to [comment:1 mmetz]:
 > Replying to [ticket:2183 mlennert]:
 > > When using v.centerpoint to print the centerpoint coordinates to
 stdout, cat values represent the type of point (7 = mean of area, 8 =
 median of area, etc). I would find it more useful if in the ascii output
 the cat value would be that of the original feature (just as normally
 foreseen for vector output of v.centerpoint) and that the centroid type
 was an additional column.

 > Please try r58842. Note that center points for point clouds have only
 the type of center point as cat and not all categories of all original
 features.

 Thanks, it looks good, but now I get a segfault. I'll attach a full
 backtrace.

 Moritz

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2183#comment:2>