[GRASS-dev] Suggestion about parameter 'size' in module r.param.scale

Alessandro Samuel Rosa alessandrosamuel at yahoo.com.br
Mon Feb 24 09:00:01 PST 2014

Dear GRASS developers,

The parameter 'size' in module r.param.scale defines the window size
used to calculate DEM derivatives. It has a fixed maximum value of 69
defined in the line 18 of the header file 'param.h'.  I suggest that
this value be changed to a somewhat higher value like 999 to allow the
user to employ larger windows to calculate DEM derivatives. The software
from which this module was derived (LandSerf) allows in its actual
version any window size.

Unfortunately I have no experience with Grass development to help
improve this module. I hope you can make this improvement.

Many thanks in advance.

--

Alessandro Samuel-Rosa
---
Wageningen, the Netherlands alessandro.rosa at wur.nl
---
Homepage: soil-scientist.net Skype: alessandrosamuel