[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2041: wxgui: error attempting to display imported raster map that was imported as three bands

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Tue Feb 25 02:37:08 PST 2014

#2041: wxgui: error attempting to display imported raster map that was imported as
three bands
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  mlennert               |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect                 |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified            |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Comment(by mmetz):

 Replying to [comment:2 mlennert]:
 > Replying to [comment:1 wenzeslaus]:
 > > As a temporary solution, GUI currently contains a text that says that
 ''Add layers...'' may not work with multiple bands.

 > I guess to get a "real" solution, the dialog would have to run gdalinfo
 first to check whether there are multiple bands in the file ?

 This is not enough, you would also need to check if the band option or the
 k flag is used with r.in.gdal.

 In order to keep things sufficiently simple (which the wxGUI not longer
 is, but anyway), I would rather suggest to test if the output raster
 exists, if not, the GUI should not attempt to display it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2041#comment:3>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>