[GRASS-dev] r.stream.* problems on Ubuntu when installed via g.extensions

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 04:25:46 PST 2014

Hi,

I send this directly to the dev list as I think this is the appropriate
list for this problem:

Yesterday I already posted (GRASS-user list) that I get an error (using
GRASS 7svn) when I tried to launch r.stream.basins which has been installed
via g.extension (Unable to fetch interface
description....GRASS_INFO_ERROR(17663,1):Incompatible library version for
module...). So I worked on this a little bit more on this and want to share
what I've discovered so far:

1) Other add-ons (I installed r.area and r.basins via g.extension from the
GUI menu) work
2) r.stream.order, r.stream.basins and probably more of this family don't
work when installed via g.extension
3) So I tried to compile r.stream.basins with the source code of GRASS 7 (I
put the module under the directory /raster and modified the makefile). This
attempt works (I could use that as workaround), so it seems r.stream.basins
itself is okay but there is an issue in combination with g.extension
(although other add-ons work via this way of installation)
4) Another small bug I found is related to the uninstallation of add-ons in
general: During installation a file gets installed in
home/radinger/.grass7/addons/docs/man/man1/r.stream.basins.1
however the uninstaller points to a wrong path of the
file: home/radinger/.grass7/addons/man/man1/r.stream.basins.1 (NOTE:
missing /docs/ subdir in path). So the file doesn't get deleted. Probably
just a minor bug.

So for the meanwhile I can use the workaround with compiling r.stream.*
directly with the source for G7, however maybe other users in future are
also interested in using these add-ons and will face similar problems I did.

best regards,
Johannes