[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1790: gui modeler: complete crash of gui when .gxm file modified in vi while modeler is active

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sun Jan 12 14:02:48 PST 2014

#1790: gui modeler: complete crash of gui when .gxm file modified in vi while
modeler is active
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  mlennert     |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified  |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Changes (by neteler):

  * version:  unspecified => svn-releasebranch64
  * milestone:  6.4.3 => 6.4.5

Comment:

 Replying to [ticket:1790 mlennert]:
 > - Open GUI modeler
 > - Save the model (even just an empty model) to model file
 > - Open model file in vi[1], and save the model file (no need to change
 anything)
 > I tried with gedit and nano and cannot reproduce. I don't know what vi
 does differently.

 Perhaps a newline issue at file end:

 Random link:
 http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3056740/gedit-adds-line-at-end-of-page

 Guessing: the read function used to read the model file might react
 differently.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1790#comment:2>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>