[GRASS-dev] Pages for GSoC now at Trac Wiki

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 17:57:17 PST 2014

Hi,

I created page GSoC:

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC

where I moved the content of page SoCProjects:

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/SoCProjects

which was actually at Trac but I didn't liked the name and it seems that it
is not linked anywhere, at least google search gives only mailing lists.

The new name is better for hierarchical pages:

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2014
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2014/TheRealStudentProject

(I don't like the hierarchical pages at GRASS wiki but think that their are
advantageous at Trac Wiki. Anyway, this is not so important since Trac Wiki
is allowed to be little messy.)

I created the page for GSoC 2014:

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2014

Its initial content is also at the end of this email.

I'm not excited about the current state where we have 2007-2013 at GRASS
Wiki and 2014 at Trac Wiki and I also haven't transferred the nice GRASS @
GSoC @ OSGeo graphics. But I believe that it is better in the long term.

I was considering if there should be some general GSoC Ideas page but the
result was not because every there are new mentors, students, problems and
old topic would just create a clutter.

So, the ideas for GSoC 2014 should go to Ideas section of GSoC/2014 page:

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2014#Ideas

(I hope that there is no requirement that GSoC page with ideas should have
ideas in the title.)

So, that's hopefully all,
Vaclav

[[TOC]]

= GRASS Google Summer of Code 2014 =

== About ==

 * [http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2014 GSoC 2014
official page]

== Ideas ==

''Some bigger ideas may have their own pages at Trac Wiki, so you can link
them here.''

== Accepted proposals ==

''The template for this part is [
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_SoC_Ideas_2013#Accepted_Ideas here].''

''The student page with the tracking of the project should be child of this
page, e.g. `GSoC/2014/TemporalGISAlgebra`. The project itself may have also
its own page if it seems to be larger than the GSoC project, e.g.
`Grass7/TemporalGISAlgebra` (the name does not have to be the same and it
does not have to be subpage of any page).''