[GRASS-dev] Object-based image classification in GRASS

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Jan 29 00:40:17 PST 2014

On 28/01/14 14:47, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi Moritz,
>
> 2013-10-30 Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be>:
>
>> though some components would be nice to have in addition. Attached you can
>> find a simple shell script which shows all the steps I went through. I
>> commented it extensively, so it hopefully is easy to understand.
>
> I just wanted to thank you for the script and to the author(s) of
> i.segment. Based on your script I was able in one day to prepare a new
> lesson for my students [1] (in Czech only) ...

The script was written as an example for my students. Glad it was useful
to you.

With all the elements in place, especially with Pietro's recent work, it
should be quite easy to create a unifying module 'i.segment.classify'
which would take as input

- the segments coming out of i.segment
- training zones
- a choice of variables
- a choice of classifier

would then calculate the chosen variables, submit the results to the
classifier and then update the segment map attribute table with the
classification result. In other words a frontend combining v.to.db,
v.rast.stats, v.class.ml and possibly some others.

Moritz