[GRASS-dev] grass71 and GDAL read

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 01:42:01 PDT 2014

Hi Huidae,

let me give you short progress report I have. I managed to configure,
make and make install the grass-gdal plugin with the patch you
provided in your last mail without problems:

./configure --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config
--with-grass=/usr/local/grass-7.1.svn/

make
g++ -shared  grass57dataset.o -L/usr/local/grass-7.1.svn//lib
-lgrass_gmath -lgrass_gis -lgrass_datetime -lgrass_gproj
-lgrass_vector -lgrass_dbmibase -lgrass_dbmiclient -lgrass_dgl
-lgrass_dig2 -lgrass_rtree -lgrass_linkm -L/usr/local/lib -lgdal  -o
gdal_GRASS.so
g++ -shared  ogrgrassdriver.o ogrgrassdatasource.o ogrgrasslayer.o
-L/usr/local/grass-7.1.svn//lib -lgrass_gmath -lgrass_gis
-lgrass_datetime -lgrass_gproj -lgrass_vector -lgrass_dbmibase
-lgrass_dbmiclient -lgrass_dgl -lgrass_dig2 -lgrass_rtree
-lgrass_linkm -L/usr/local/lib -lgdal  -o ogr_GRASS.so

sudo make install
install -d /usr/local/lib/gdalplugins
cp gdal_GRASS.so /usr/local/lib/gdalplugins
cp ogr_GRASS.so /usr/local/lib/gdalplugins

testing:

gdalinfo --formats|grep GRASS
  GRASS (ro): GRASS Database Rasters (5.7+)
  GRASSASCIIGrid (rov): GRASS ASCII Grid

ogrinfo --formats|grep GRASS
  -> "GRASS" (readonly)

So it seems to be working. However, runing gdalinfo on certain raster
file produces following error :-(

gdalinfo /home/grass/grassdata/prg/interpolations/cellhd/dmt
gdalinfo: symbol lookup error:
/usr/local/lib/gdalplugins/gdal_GRASS.so: undefined symbol:
Rast_get_cellhd

Strange thing: vectors (ogr2ogr, ogrinfo) on GRASS vectors works perfectly

I would say, that it's related to dynamic linker, thought, I have

$ cat /etc/ld.so.conf.d/grass-7.1.conf
/usr/local/grass-7.1.svn/lib/

and ldconfig -p |grep grass_raster gives

libgrass_raster.7.1.svn.so (libc6,x86-64) =>
/usr/local/grass-7.1.svn/lib/libgrass_raster.7.1.svn.so
libgrass_raster.so (libc6,x86-64) =>
/usr/local/grass-7.1.svn/lib/libgrass_raster.so

Any hint?

Thank you