[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1787: Profile Analysis Tool Problems

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Thu Jul 3 07:26:30 PDT 2014

#1787: Profile Analysis Tool Problems
 Reporter:  stu                     |       Owner:  grass-dev@…              
     Type:  defect                  |      Status:  new                      
 Priority:  major                   |   Milestone:  7.1.0                    
Component:  wxGUI                   |     Version:  svn-trunk                
 Keywords:  profile tool r.profile  |    Platform:  Linux                    
      Cpu:  x86-64                  |  
Changes (by dadudeman):

  * priority:  normal => major
  * platform:  Unspecified => Linux
  * version:  6.4.3 RCs => svn-trunk
  * milestone:  6.4.3 => 7.1.0
  * keywords:  profile tool => profile tool r.profile
  * cpu:  OSX/Intel => x86-64


 Used r.profile interactively in GRASS 7.1 SVN.  Same problems described by
 stu.  If I use horizontal and vertical units of meters, the plot is
 perfect.  If I change to horizontal and vertical units of feet, the Y axis
 of elevations is displayed correctly, but the X axis is squished to stop
 at the unit value in meters rather than feet.  Example:  I had a 800 meter
 transect, but when reprojected to feet and profiled, the graph stops at
 800 feet rather than the approximate 2600.  The endpoint triangle,
 however, is placed around the 2600 distance.  It's as if it thinks the
 units are meters horizontal.

 I get a seemingly related issue when I use the measure tool, as the
 distances are reported as units meters, but the values are reported
 correctly as feet.

 I also tested this with grass 6.4 binary.

Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1787#comment:7>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>

More information about the grass-dev mailing list