[GRASS-dev] GRASS GIS 6.4.4 r.li modules

Hamish hamish.webmail at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 03:48:43 PDT 2014

Martin wrote:
> r.li modules are not simply built on Windows [1]. Any idea why? Martin
>
> [1]
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4/raster/Makefile#L132

yes, the old r.li.* daemon/worker system required unix sockets, and
so would only work in the cygwin build. We never figured out how to
properly support those natively on MS Windows. I believe in the new
backported version of r.li those things are all removed now so it could
have the conditional removed from the Makefile and the modules tested
in a nightly WinGrass build. If it works I'd suggest a setup_6.4.4-2.exe
release be prepared with an altered Makefile. The source code isn't
touched so it wouldn't introduce any platform dependent behavior which
would need a new point release, instead it would only reduce platform
differences.

Luca:
>> I would thought that author of r.li.* updates checked
>> also availability on Windows.

that's all of us; especially big jobs need many testers to check
all angles.

regards,

--
Hamish <hamish.webmail at gmail.com>