[GRASS-dev] Weekly report 8: Testing framework for GRASS GIS

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 12 04:55:52 PDT 2014

Hi Vaclav,

Very nice progress indeed.

> 3. Are you blocked on anything?
>
> I did not solved the issue of distribution of tests for different platforms.
> On Unix-like systems (+- Mac OS X), I suppose that all people wanting to
> test will be able to compile GRASS and download all locations they are
> interested in. There should be some rule in makefiles to build the C test
> modules, so that testing framework does not have to deal with that. However,
> doing this on MS Windows is not likely.

Do we have to treat windows C-module tests differently? IMHO all
C-tests should compile on windows as well? Or is this more a problem
of how to call such test modules on windows?

> Perhaps some special package with
> GRASS source code including testsuite directories, C test modules' binaries
> and locations would be the way to go.

I have added the raster3d test C-module to the library directory
Makefile, so it will be compiled by default when all libraries are
build. In addition i added a raster3d library gunittest that calls the
C-module (r61242). The new gunittest is located in
lib/raster3d/testsuite and works with direct Python command line call
and grass.gunittest.main invocation.

If you think that this approach is meaningful then i will write
something similar for gmath, gpde, vector rtree and dbmi library
tests.

Best regards
Soeren