[GRASS-dev] Week 8: GRASS GIS 3D flowlines

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 12 06:10:14 PDT 2014

Hi Anna,
your results are impressive. I have tested the r3.flow module with
artificial groundwater flow data and Paraview (see the attached script
that generates the data). Your flowpaths are looking exactly like the
ones generated with the VTK streamtracer, see the attached
screenshots[1,2].

The red lines are the VTK streamtracer paths[1], the white lines are the
r3.flow downstream and upstream paths[2]. I have generated 300 sample
points with v.random near the location of the Paraview streamtracer
sample line (see attached script) to generate similar path lines.

Great work indeed,
Best regards
Soeren

[1] https://www-pool.math.tu-berlin.de/~soeren/grass/Paraview_r3_flow_streamtracer.png