[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7.0beta3 planning

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 15:22:27 PDT 2014

Hi,

what do you think about releasing beta3? The problems mentioned in this
thread were fixed and fixes backported except for r60590 which is safe for
GRASS by itself and thus can be safely backported now.

Vaclav

r60590
Add G_fatal_longjmp() (needed for QGIS)
glynn
include/defs/gis.h, lib/gis/error.c
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/60590

There is a lot of things in the tracker but they can be postponed I think:

long-term problem for non-ascii languages
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1681

remove ffmpeg from libogsf and configure.in
let's do it in trunk first, it does not have to be in beta
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2017

wxGUI vector digitizer passing unescaped text to database
security issue but not a real issue for most of the users I guess
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2252

missing documentation
bad but does not stop beta release
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2259

inconsistent random number generation
long-term problem, beta can live with it
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2272

insufficient error message when addons are mixed on MS Windows
To be honest, I'm not sure why this is a blocker
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2283

rename some imagery modules
should be done before release but not needed for beta
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2340

I'm not really familiar with these
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/995
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1891

Python and MS Windows
there is a solution in 7.0 and some advances were made also in trunk
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/580
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1871
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2150