[GRASS-dev] r.in.wcs, r.soillossbare: Added my first addons, issues with g.extension

Martin Zbinden martin.zbinden at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 01:50:03 PDT 2014

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to tell you that uploaded my first two addons for G7:
- r.in.wcs : Import data for region from WCS-server
- r.soillossbare: Calculate soilloss for bare soil according to
Neteler & Mitasova, 2008 [1]

Well, I'm open to read your feedback and learn from it. I know that it
is not yet real GRASS 7 code as I wanted to maintain some
G6-compatibility. Maybe I  should rewrite everything using pygrass.

Generally it seems to install and work. Surely there are still some
issues to solve. The first comes already during install:

Fetching <r.in.wcs> from GRASS-Addons SVN (be patient)...
Compiling...
/bin/sh: 1: cannot create /usr/local/grass-7.0.0svn/locale/s
criptstrings/r.in.wcs_to_translate.c: Directory nonexistent
sed: couldn't flush stdout: Datenübergabe unterbrochen
(broken pipe)
make: [/usr/local/grass-7.0.0svn/locale/scriptstrings/r.in.w
cs_to_translate.c] Fehler 2 (ignoriert)
Installing...
Updating metadata file...
WARNING: No metadata available
Installation of <r.in.wcs> successfully finished

Why does g.extension try to write to /usr/local , although I just want
to install for current user? Also, the minimal html doc has some
encoding problem. I have created it just with --html-description flag.

Thank you in advance for any hint.
Martin

sources:
[1] Markus Neteler and Helena Mitasova, 2008,
Open Source GIS: A GRASS GIS Approach. Third Edition.
--
Martin Zbinden
Riedacker 523