[GRASS-dev] 6.4.4 planning

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Jun 2 01:41:27 PDT 2014

On 31/05/14 23:19, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 12:58 PM, Moritz Lennert
> <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
>> - Real freeze of grass64_release at the end of this week. This means that
>> any backports from grass6_devel should happen before that moment. But only
>> non-invasive and well-tested elements should be backported.
>
> Seems nothing got backported in the past week any more:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/log/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4

At the same time, we did not officially announce the calendar (it was in
a reply to a long-going thread...). But let's hope all the interested
people saw the calendar.

>> - RC1 beginning of next week
>
> Should that happen then?

I think (also in line with the above) a clear freeze announcement has to
go out first to give a 24-48h warning to everyone. Then RC1 can be tagged.

Sorry, but I won't be of much help these days as we've started exams
here and I'll be busy with that almost all week.

Moritz