[GRASS-dev] the function of v.buffer `minordistance' option

Maciej Sieczka msieczka at sieczka.org
Tue Jun 3 10:59:48 PDT 2014

Hi,

Anybody knows what is the v.buffer's `minordistance' option supposed to do?

The manual is not verbose about that, but as I understand it, together
with `distance', it should allow to create a buffer with different
extent along the minor and major axis, considering the specified `angle'
of their rotation.

But none of the options works as that - the buffer size always equals
the `distance', and the other 2 options make no difference if used or
not an set to what.

BTW, it seems that -s, -c flags also don't have any effect on the output.

Did I get it wrong or maybe there's something broken?

6.4 SVN r60165, geos 3.4.2, Arch Linux 64bit.

Maciek

--
Maciej Sieczka
http://www.sieczka.org