[GRASS-dev] 6.4.4 planning

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 07:46:56 PDT 2014

Hi Markus,

> I would be able to tag RC1 tomorrow (Friday) if there are no objections.
>
> Are there any pending backports? I have some uncommitted fixes for
> r.pack and v.external but will not commit them to avoid another
> flamewar. :)

no objection for my side. From other project (GDAL for example) I got
feeling that RC period must be short. So e.g. RC2 or final one/two
weeks after RC1.... Also reporting bunch of blockers during RC stage
can be interpreted as attempt to block release. I hope that for GRASS
7 will defined fixed time-based release policy with freeze stage
(one/two months - ideal time for reporting blockers), than simply
release and go on...

Martin

--
Martin Landa * http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa