[GRASS-dev] Enhancement request: print name(s) of generated map(s) upon completion

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 13:10:14 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Rashad M <mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to add a  +1 to Mortiz here. This enhancement should be in
> the verbose. Like there are debug level for message. These message can be
> like level in verbose. say --verbose=1

--verbose, or something like it, might work for GUI but it is not solving
what Markus wanted, so in this case there is no point of adding the
messages there since the user-beginner will be confused from not getting
the maps and not aware of --verbose.

In other words, compromise does not solve anything in this case. To address
the issue, we should either put the message everywhere or nowhere and in
addition remove some of the messages (such as vector topology build) which
also gives users false expectations of getting the names of results.