[GRASS-dev] SUBMITTING to Trac

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 06:26:12 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 9:01 AM, Moritz Lennert <
mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> On 10/06/14 10:41, Martin Landa wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> when updating SUBMITTING files we need to touch all the files in all
>> the branches. I would suggest to move this files to Trac wiki. What do
>> you think?
>>

> Yes, see

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2103 Make SUBMITTING files more
accessible

Putting them to Trac seems the most easy think (comparing to creating HTML,
putting them to Doxygen, etc.).

There are also SUBMITTING* in addons. See:

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2104 Reorganize SUBMITTING files for
addons

This is a bit off what I though Trac wiki should be used but I actually
think that it fits pretty well (together with RFC documents), considering
what other OSGeo projects do and that you have the changes to the documents
appearing in Trac Timeline (while GRASS (media) wiki changes are just in
personal watch lists).

> Sounds good to me. But I would leave a SUBMITTING file in the source code,
> even if it just contains a link to Trac.

Just a link or something short like that is a good idea.

I see some RFC documents related changes in Trac wiki, are you moving also
`rfc` directory

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/rfc

to Trac wiki? If yes, I agree. It goes with SUBMITTING*.

Vaclav