[GRASS-dev] 6.4.4 planning

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Jun 11 01:01:47 PDT 2014

On 10/06/14 23:07, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 10:12 PM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:
>> And back to the main topic, I'm bit lost in 6.4 releasing, is something
>> blocking the release? (Except for limited time Markus have for it.)
>
> I had enough time in the past two weeks.
>
> The blocker is the wish of Moritz to start a full announcement cycle
> of dealing with the release management which has been historically
> ignored. Also his suggestion has been ignored so far, not giving much
> hope for a real one.

I never intended for my suggestion to be a blocker. I had hoped it would
help apease the conflicts that seemed to arise around the 6.4.4 release.

I still believe that such a more clearly defined process (and again, I'm
_not_ speaking about fixed-date releases) would help, but apparently I'm
the only one who thinks so.

Moritz