[GRASS-dev] 6.4.4 planning

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Jun 11 02:29:04 PDT 2014

On 11/06/14 10:30, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,

>> I still believe that such a more clearly defined process (and again, I'm
>> _not_ speaking about fixed-date releases) would help, but apparently I'm the
>
> could you please explain a bit, how do you want to set up clear
> release process without defined timeline?

I did not say without defined timeline within the process, but not
fixed-date. IOW, if we want to keep up a minimum with the reputation of
fairly stable software, I don't think that for a project such as GRASS
it would be a good idea to say "we'll have a release every six months,
one in January and one in July". Rather, I think that to avoid the
discussions we've had concerning which types of code modifications
should go into a specific branch at which times and who decides what
goes in and what does not, we should define the procedure more clearly.
This also includes a clear calendar of the process itself.

I'll draft an RFC.

Moritz