[GRASS-dev] SUBMITTING to Trac

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 19:53:33 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,

> > Yes, see
> >
> > http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2103 Make SUBMITTING files more
> > accessible
> >
> > Putting them to Trac seems the most easy think (comparing to creating
> HTML,
> > putting them to Doxygen, etc.).
>
> I started with SUBMITTING file [1]. Any review is welcome. The process
> of transferring plain files to Trac wiki is quite time consuming, so I
> will appreciate if anyone helps with other submitting files (just let
> us know about that).
>
> I'll now work on:
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Submitting/Python
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Submitting/wxGUI

I think that we should avoid duplication between C, Python and wxGUI. There
is a lot of general notes about SVN etc. One thing is maintenance but in
this case what more important is a developer reading through these files
and reading something about svn properties over and over again. So I would
vote for creation of

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Submitting/General

It can be also just in http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Submitting/ but
.../General seems a little bit better for me.

Thanks Martin for starting this,
Vaclav

Thanks, Martin