[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-SVN] r60703 - in grass/trunk: display/d.vect general/g.gisenv gui/wxpython/animation lib/python/temporal raster/r.colors raster/r.external raster/r.in.bin raster/r.mapcalc raster/r.neighbors raster/r.out.bin raster/r.quant raster/r.resamp.filter raster/r.series raster/r.series.accumulate raster/r.series.interp raster/r.stats.quantile vector/v.colors vector/v.external.out

Huidae Cho grass4u at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 16:02:46 PDT 2014

I assume G__check_option_rules() is supposed to be called by G_parser().
Then, instead of calling G_fatal_error, it should append errors to
st->errors. If so... for g.mlist we can define two different versions of
rules:

This version prints more correct errors because only present options/flags
will be displayed in errors, but too much typing.
    G_option_exclusive(flag.regex, flag.extended, NULL);
    G_option_exclusive(flag.pretty, flag.full, NULL);
    G_option_exclusive(flag.pretty, opt.output, NULL);
    G_option_exclusive(flag.pretty, flag.mapset, NULL);
    G_option_exclusive(flag.pretty, flag.type, NULL);
    G_option_exclusive(flag.full, opt.output, NULL);
    G_option_exclusive(flag.full, flag.mapset, NULL);
    G_option_exclusive(flag.full, flag.type, NULL);

This version is shorter, but -p -f will print three errors including
options/flags not present.
    G_option_exclusive(flag.regex, flag.extended, NULL);
    G_option_exclusive(flag.pretty, flag.full, opt.output, NULL);
    G_option_exclusive(flag.pretty, flag.full, flag.mapset, NULL);
    G_option_exclusive(flag.pretty, flag.full, flag.type, NULL);

Can we implement something like G_option_exclusive(pretty, full,
G_option_or(output, mapset, type))?

pretty, full, and any of output, mapset, and type are mutually exclusive,
but output, mapset, and type are not exclusive.